What you'll need
- A Lumia
- Nokia Recovery Software Tool
Link for download the Nokia Recovery Software Tool
PC requirements to use this recovery tool
- Microsoft Windows 7 or later.
- USB cable to connect your phone to the computer.
- Minimum 2 GB free storage space.
- The files downloaded by the Nokia Software Recovery Tool may be as much as 4GB, and may take a long time, depending on your internet connection and phone model.
Does this work with my Windows Phone from HTC, Samsung or another phone maker?
No. This software is just for Lumia handsets from Nokia.
- Download and install Nokia Recovery Software Tool
- Open Nokia Software Recovery Tool
- Connect your Lumia to the PC with a USB cable
- You'll see which software version you can install on your Lumia – Click install below that
- You will need to acknowledge that the data and content on your phone will be erased. If you can still access your phone, make a backup by going into settings -> backup . You'll also need to know that photos, music and apps will be wiped during this reset process. Click that you understand and then click continue.
- You'll now begin downloading the software. Network speeds vary,
- The software will now begin installing to your phone. Do not use your phone or disconnect the cable during this step. Just go for a quick walk while your phone and PC do their thing.
- You're done.